Also with Zyban people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Zyban is an antidepressant and indicated as an aid to smoking cessation treatment.
Use Zyban as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Zyban by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Zyban whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Several weeks may pass before your symptoms improve. Do not stop taking Zyban without checking with your doctor.
- Take your doses at the same times each day at least 8 hours apart unless directed otherwise by your doctor. This may help to decrease the risk of seizures with Zyban.
- It takes about 1 week for Zyban to work. You should begin taking while you are still smoking. However, you and your doctor should decide on a date that you will stop smoking during the 2nd week of taking Zyban.
- If you have not made progress towards stopping smoking by the 12th week, contact your doctor.
- If you are not able to stop smoking while using Zyban, talk to your doctor to determine why you were not successful. After the reasons have been reduced or eliminated, you should try to stop smoking again.
- Continue to take Zyban even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Zyban is used to treat major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder. At least one brand of Zyban is used to help people stop smoking by reducing cravings and other withdrawal effects.
If you miss a dose of Zyban, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Zyban at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Zyban out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- anxiety; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; stomach pain; stuffy nose; trouble sleeping.
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; chest pain; concentration problems, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated sense of well-being, inability to sit still, or other unusual or severe mental or mood changes; confusion; changes in sexual desire or ability; delusions; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever or chills; hallucinations; hearing problems or ringing in the ears; joint or muscle pain; menstrual changes; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent anxiety, agitation, restlessness, or trouble sleeping; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor.
Zyban is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.