Also with Motilium people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Motilium is a medicine that increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and bowel. Motilium is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other drugs used to treat Parkinson's Disease.
Use Motilium as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Motilium.
- The usual dose in adults is one tablet three to four times a day, best taken 15 to 30 minutes before meals or food, and if necessary at bedtime.
- Sometimes your doctor may increase the dose to two tablets three to four times a day after you have taken Motilium for 2 weeks.
- You should not take more than a total of eight tablets in a single day.
- Your doctor may ask you to take Motilium for up to 6 months.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Motilium works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger in the brain which causes the feeling of nausea and vomiting, as well as increasing the movement or contractions of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach.
If you miss a dose of Motilium, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Motilium at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Motilium out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- uncontrollable movements; irregular or no menstrual period; unusual secretion of breast milk or decrease in sex drive in men or women; breast tenderness or breast enlargement in men.
- headache, trouble sleeping, nervousness, dizziness, tiredness or irritability; dry mouth or thirst; stomach cramps, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, changes in appetite or heartburn; rash or itchy skin; itchy eyes and crusty eyelids with discharge; mouth ulcers or cold sores.
Motilium is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.