Also with Fluoxetine people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Fluoxetine is used for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), a severe form of premenstrual syndrome. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Use Fluoxetine as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Fluoxetine.
- Take Fluoxetine by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Fluoxetine at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Fluoxetine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Fluoxetine without checking with your doctor. Side effects may occur. They may include mental or mood changes, numbness or tingling of the skin, dizziness, confusion, headache, trouble sleeping, or unusual tiredness. You will be closely monitored when you start Fluoxetine and whenever a change in dose is made.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It works by restoring the balance of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain, which helps to improve mood.
If you miss a dose of Fluoxetine and are using it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Fluoxetine between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Fluoxetine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- anxiety; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; stomach upset; trouble sleeping; weakness.
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; exaggerated reflexes; excessive sweating; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; increased urination; joint or wrist aches or pain; loss of coordination; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears;persistent, painful erection; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety or trouble sleeping; significant weight loss; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual hoarseness; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; unusual swelling; vision changes; worsening of depression.
If you have any questions about Fluoxetine, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Fluoxetine is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.