Also with Floxin people often buy:
Regular price: $0.56
Our price: $0.41
Regular price: $2.69
Our price: $2.07
Regular price: $3.36
Our price: $2.80
Regular price: $4.55
Our price: $3.00
Regular price: $4.32
Our price: $3.32
Regular price: $1.46
Our price: $0.92
Floxin is used for treating mild to moderate infections caused by certain bacteria.
Use Floxin as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Floxin.
- Take Floxin by mouth with or without food.
- Take Floxin with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Drink several glasses of water daily, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Do not drink milk or eat dairy products, or take antacids, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking Floxin.
- Floxin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Floxin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Floxin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It kills sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
If you miss a dose of Floxin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Floxin between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Floxin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- diarrhea; dizziness; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; sensitivity to sunlight; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); agitation; anxiety; bizarre behavior; bloody stools; confusion; convulsions; dark urine; decreased urination; depression; diarrhea (severe or continuing); difficulty swallowing; excessive urination, thirst, or hunger; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fatigue; fever, chills, or unusual cough; hallucinations; hoarseness; joint or muscle pain or swelling; lightheadedness; loss of consciousness; mental or mood changes; nervousness; nightmares; pale stools; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; restlessness; seizures; shortness of breath; shock (pale skin); sleeplessness; severe or persistent stomach pain/cramps; suicidal thoughts; tendon pain, inflammation, or swelling; tightness of the throat; tingling; tremors; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or weakness; urination problems; vaginal irritation or discharge; yellowing of skin or eyes.
If you have any questions about Floxin, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Floxin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.