Also with Coumadin people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Coumadin treats or prevents blood clots that may occur in the veins and lungs. It is also used to reduce the risk of death, recurring heart attack, or blood clotting events (e.g., stroke) after a heart attack.
Use Coumadin as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Coumadin.
- Take Coumadin by mouth with or without food.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Coumadin.
- It is very important to take Coumadin on a regular schedule as prescribed by your doctor. Take Coumadin at the same time each day.
- Continue to take Coumadin even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses, unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Coumadin is an anticoagulant. It works by blocking the formation of ceratin blood clotting factors.
If you miss a dose of Coumadin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
If you miss a dose of Coumadin, contact your doctor right away. Take the missed dose as soon as possible if you remember on the same day. If you do not remember until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Possible Side Effects
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); back, side, muscle, joint, or stomach pain; black, tarry, or bloody stools; blood in the urine (pink or brown urine); bloody or coffee ground-like vomit; chest pain; decreased urination; dizziness; fainting; fever; numbness or tingling; pain, unusual color, or temperature change in any area of the body; pale skin; purple, dark, or painful toes; shortness of breath; skin sores or ulcers; stroke symptoms (eg, confusion, slurred speech, vision problems, one-sided weakness); sudden severe pain in your legs, feet, or toes; trouble swallowing; unexplained swelling; unusual bruising or bleeding (eg, nosebleed, unusual bleeding from gums, increased bleeding from cuts, increased menstrual or vaginal bleeding, coughing up blood); unusual headache or weakness; unusual pain, swelling, or discomfort; wounds or sores that do not heal properly; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Coumadin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.