Also with Acyclovir people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Acyclovir is used for treating chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) and treating or suppressing genital herpes infections. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Use Acyclovir as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Acyclovir.
- Take Acyclovir by mouth with or without food.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Acyclovir is recommended.
- Start therapy with Acyclovir at the earliest sign or symptom of shingles or genital herpes (pain, burning, blisters).
- If treating an acute outbreak, continue using Acyclovir for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
- For suppressive therapy, Acyclovir works best if it is taken at the same times each day.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Acyclovir is an antiviral. It works by stopping viral replication. However, Acyclovir does not eliminate the virus, is not a cure, and does not prevent transmission to others.
If you miss a dose of Acyclovir and are using it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Acyclovir between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Acyclovir out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- diarrhea; general body discomfort; headache; nausea/vomiting.
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); aggressive behavior; blood in the urine; confusion; decreased consciousness; decreased urination; hallucinations; lower back pain; mental or mood changes; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding.
If you have any questions about Acyclovir, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Acyclovir is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.