Also with Actonel people often buy:
Regular price: $0.53
Our price: $0.40
Regular price: $2.59
Our price: $1.99
Regular price: $3.23
Our price: $2.69
Regular price: $4.37
Our price: $2.89
Regular price: $4.15
Our price: $3.19
Regular price: $1.40
Our price: $0.88
Actonel is used for treating and preventing osteoporosis in certain patients. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Use Actonel as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Actonel.
- Choose 2 days in a row during the month to take Actonel . Take 1 tablet on the morning of the first day. Take the second tablet on the morning of the next day.
- Do not take more than 2 tablets of Actonel per month unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Swallow Actonel whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or suck on the tablet before swallowing.
- Take Actonel with a full glass of plain water (6 to 8 oz/180 to 240 mL). Do not take Actonel with mineral water, coffee, tea, milk, or juice. Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Actonel and until you eat your first food of the day.
- Be sure you understand how to take Actonel . Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Continue to take Actonel even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Actonel is a bisphosphonate. It works by slowing bone loss.
If you miss a dose of Actonel, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Actonel at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Actonel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- back pain; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; joint pain; mild stomach pain or upset; nausea.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry or bloody stools; chest pain; coughing or vomiting blood; difficult or painful swallowing; mouth sores; new, worsening, or severe heartburn; painful or difficult urination; sensitivity to light; severe bone, muscle, or joint pain; severe or persistent sore throat or stomach pain; swelling of the arms or legs; swelling or pain in your jaw; unusual eye pain or redness; vision changes.
Actonel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.